The best car battery for cold weather should dependably operate in extremely cold environments. The last thing you’ll want to do on an icy morning is to spend time jump-starting your car.
So to begin, let’s start with the basics:
When making your battery purchase, look for the label that identifies its cold-cranking amps — this determines how well the battery performs in cold climates.
Cold-cranking amps are a motor industry standard that determines how much current a 12-volt battery (e.g., your car battery) can deliver for 30 seconds at 0 degrees Fahrenheit. For cold climates, higher values are better.
A rule of thumb says a vehicle’s battery should have a cold-cranking amps (CCA) rating equal to or greater than engine displacement in cubic inches. A battery with a 280 CCA rating would be more than adequate for a 135 cubic inch four-cylinder engine but not big enough for a 350 cubic inch V8.Osborn’s Automotive
In this article, we’ve put together the following list of car batteries that meet the right criteria for a cold climate.
- 12-Volt, 800 Cold Cranking Amps, Size: 10" x 6 7/8" x 7 13/16" tall, Weight: 37.9 pounds, SAE Post. C20 Capacity: 50 Ah. CCA: 800 Amp
- Reserve capacity of 100 minutes for constant performance
- Optimal starting power even in bad weather; Case Material: Polypropylene
- Fifteen times more resistant to vibration for durability
- This item is not for sale in Catalina Island
- 12 Volt
- 1200W Max Support
- 3/8 inch threaded terminals
- Advanced AGM Technology
- High density negative paste, improves performance and increases battery life
- Enhanced life alloy/Silver Calcium stamped alloy increases cycle life and improves performance
- Calcium Lead positive grid, maximizes conductivity and allows for low resistance
- Robust Envelope Separator with puncture resistant back, allows for increased acid circulation and prevents shorts. Improved acid circulation, helps the battery to remain cool, and extend battery life
- Vent cap design that resists acid leakage
Product data was last updated on 2019-10-23 at 16:56.